Ideas for your Love Letter
You may wish to date your love letter with the date of your special day. You can start by saying why you are writing. See our Opening Lines category in the text picker. Or alternatively start with a simple bold statement; "I love you!", "You're great!", "You're beautiful", "You make me so happy!" Then include some of the following:
- Recall when you first saw them/met them/fell in love/picked them out from a crowd.
- Describe how your life has changed for the better since meeting them.
- Recall some special moments you've had together, or things they have done for you.
- Describe some things about them you really like, these could be physical, things they do, or things they say. Say how those things make you feel.
- Tell them how excited you are about your future life together.
- Describe some of the things that you are really looking forward to sharing with them.
- Insert one of our love quotes to replace your words. Or one of your wedding vows, or the lyrics from a song you both like.
- A P.S. can be a neat (or funny) way of ending the letter e.g. P.S. I love you! / You've got a great bum! / Will you marry me?